August 30, 2013

August Food Pen Pal Reveal!


Yay! It’s Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day!!

For those of you that aren't familiar with the program, the Foodie Pen Pal program is run by the awesome Lindsay, over at The Lean Green Bean and is a fantastic pen pal program that connects bloggers from all over the country (and Canada!) with different swap partners in a once-a-month goodie box swap.  She sends out the swap lists on the 5th of each month so hurry and scoot on over and get yourself signed up for September’s lists!  It really is so much fun to get to know your partner and do the shopping (be creative!)!  Of course, getting your own box of tasty treats is fantastic too!  And don’t worry if you don’t have a blog, you don’t need one to sign up!  If your partner has a blog you can always do a guest post on theirs for Reveal Day!

Okay, on to the goodie box!

This month I was paired with Kristy over at Baking, Photography and Sarcasm and she CLEARLY knew that I had been um, shall we say, fudging my diet lately (mmMMMm, fudge…) because she sent me a box of the tastiest healthy treats!  Who knew eating right could be so yummy?!?  Here’s the scoop:

Funley’s Super Crackers, Cornbread N’ Stuff – My fave from the box, for sure!  These are packed with goodness (sweet potatoes!) and are super yummy.  There’s 6 snack packs per box, again, awesome, because I will plow through an entire box of crackers, and I’m fairly certain they lose their healthfulness if you eat the entire thing.  I keep them in my office so I have a healthy crunch to go with my daily Subway salad or sub!

Brother’s All Natural Strawberry and Banana Crisps – Omg, I loooove these! We used to get the Apple Crisps as a kid and these took me right back to my childhood.  They were gone about 30 seconds after I opened the box!

Galil Roasted Chestnuts – I have never had a chestnut.  Ever. But I’ve always wanted to try them so these are very exciting!  I haven’t opened them yet – something about eating what I always think of as a Christmas food while it’s 104 out just doesn't seem right!  But I’m gonna chow down on these the minute we get a cold snap.  You know, like when it’s only 95 out.

Glutino Gluten-Free Lemon Wafers – I’m very blessed to not have to deal with issues regarding gluten, but it is something I try and be aware of, for sure.  So to get a yummy dessert bar without having the gluten bloat?  Sign me up! These were a huge hit!

Tiger Tiger Mango Chutney – I haven’t tried this yet – I’ve got a Jerk Shrimp recipe I’m working on that I think will be the perfect way to get my mango chutney ON!

Back To Nature Microwavable Mac & Cheese – This is also an office eat now, as I don’t have a microwave at home any longer.  I think this will be part of next week’s lunch!


This was an AWESOME box, thank you Kristy!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you loved the goodies! I'm hooked on the Super Crackers too haha

    ReplyDelete